Peanut Butter Lover's Ice Cream
Happy National Ice Cream Day! I may or may not have enjoyed this rich, peanut buttery soft serve for breakfast this morning! 😋 Yep, you know it! #CSEchallenge approved! 🙌🏻🙌🏻 You’re welcome! Recipe for you below. This recipe is included in the Spring 2019 Clean Simple Eats Meal Plan.
Makes 2 servings
230 calories / 5F / 27.5C / 19P / per serving
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 Tbs. unsweetened almond milk
- 1⁄4 cup powdered peanut butter
- 1⁄2 serving (16g) CSE Simply Vanilla Protein Powder
- Vanilla stevia drops, optional
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 150g frozen banana slices
- 1⁄4 tsp. xanthan gum, optional to thicken
- 8-10 (130g) ice cubes
- 8g mini chocolate chips
- Add the cottage cheese, 2 Tbs. almond milk, powdered peanut butter, protein powder and stevia drops to a blender. Blend until smooth. Mixture should be thick.
- Pour into an ice cube tray and freeze 4+ hours or overnight.
- Add the 1⁄2 cup almond milk, the frozen cubes, frozen banana slices and ice to a high-powered blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into two bowls.
- Top each serving with 4g mini chocolate chips. Enjoy!