There's nothing cheesy about a romantic Valentine's Day dinner at home, except of course the EXTRA cheesy fondue! 😂 We're talking Three Cheese Fondue for all your noshing needs. This has been a V-Day staple in our house for years! With four kids around the table, there is little romance involved, but we all look forward to this holiday where we can sit around the table together and enjoy a fun, interactive meal! Think cheese dipped bread, veggies, potatoes, apples, and chicken sausage... nom nom nom. And of course, dessert for your sweet - Chocolate Peanut Butter Loving - heart. 🤤 Whether you're making this a romantic dinner for two or sharing it with the whole fam, it will be a Valentine's Day to remember!
Three Cheese Fondue
Ingredients:- 250g Swiss cheese
- 250g Gruyere cheese
- 110g Gouda cheese
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ½ lemon, juice of
- 1 Tbs. corn starch
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- Dash nutmeg
- Dash sea salt
- Dash black pepper
Dipper Ideas:- 8 oz. Homemade Honey-Wheat Bread (or store bought crusty artisan bread)
- 2 cups broccoli
- 2 cups cauliflower
- 12 oz. baby gold potatoes
- 2 apples
- 8 slices chicken sausage
- Shred all the cheeses and place in a large bowl, set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cube the potatoes, place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spray tops with cooking spray and sprinkle with sea salt. Bake for 20 minutes. Slice the sausage into rounds and add to the baking sheet. Roast for an additional 20 minutes.
- Chop the broccoli and cauliflower. Add to boiling water and let boil for about 5 minutes.Pour into a colander to drain. Place in a bowl and set aside.
- Cube the bread and the apples. Set aside.
- Place vegetable broth, lemon juice, grated garlic & corn starch in a large saucepan or electric fondue pot. Whisk together until well combined, then turn heat to medium/high until the sauce begins to bubble and thicken. Turn the heat down to low and add the cheese. Stir constantly until melted. Add in the nutmeg, salt and pepper & start dipping!
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Fondue
Ingredients:- 1 cup (200g) dark chocolate chips or Kiss My Keto Dark Chocolate Bar
- ½ cup OffBeat Butters Sweet Classic Peanut Butter
Dipper Ideas:- 1 Lb. strawberries
- 2 bananas, sliced
- Pretzel thins
- 1 Scotcharoo Bars
- Cut the stems off the strawberries, slice the bananas into rounds and cut the scotcharoo bars into bite size pieces. Set out with fondue pot & sticks so it's ready to use.
- Add the chocolate and peanut butter to a saucepan or electric fondue pot over low heat and stir constantly until completely melted. Start the dipping!
Makes 16 servings
90 calories / 4F / 10C / 3.5P / 1g fiber
- ⅓ cup OffBeat Butters Sweet Classic Peanut Butter
- ⅓ cup powdered peanut butter
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 1 Tbs. flaxseed meal
- 1 Tbs. unsweetened almond milk
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- Dash sea salt
- ½ serving CSE Simply vanilla protein powder
- ¼ cup butterscotch flavored chips
- ⅔ cup crispy rice cereal
- Add the peanut butter, powdered peanut butter, honey, flaxseed meal, almond milk, sea salt and protein powder together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Melt the butterscotch chips in a bowl in the microwave or in a saucepan over low heat. Add the melted butterscotch chips and the cereal to the bowl with the other ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of an 8x8 baking pan. Place in the fridge until ready to eat. Slice into 16 squares.