Sweet Honey Garlic Shrimp Bowl
Makes 4 servings
330 calories / 11F / 31C / 27P / per serving
- 1 cup cooked brown rice (1⁄3 cup uncooked)
- 2 cups broccoli
- 2 cups cauliflower rice
- 24 oz. frozen, wild-caught shrimp, deshelled, deveined
- 1⁄4 cup cashews
- 1 Tbs. water
- 2 tsp. cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- 1⁄4 cup coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 2 Tbs. raw honey
- 2 Tbs. melted, grass-fed butter
- 1⁄2 Tbs. minced garlic
- Green onions, for garnish
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the rice according to the directions on the package. Cook the cauliflower rice according to the directions on the package. Add to the cooked brown rice and stir until combined; keep warm.
- Roast the broccoli according to the directions in the Food Prep Guide. Set aside.
- Thaw the shrimp in a bowl of water until tender. Spray a skillet or wok with cooking spray and add the thawed shrimp. Cook until slightly pink and opaque. Add the roasted broccoli and cashews to the shrimp; keep warm.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the water and cornstarch or arrowroot powder together until dissolved. Add the coconut aminos, honey, melted butter and garlic to the bowl. Whisk together until well combined. Add to a saucepan and bring to a boil; stirring constantly. Remove from heat and pour over the shrimp. Stir together until well coated.
- Weigh the rice mixture and the shrimp mixture separately. Divide by four to get the amount needed to fill one serving. Add one serving of the sweet shrimp mixture to once serving of the rice mixture. Garnish with green onions. Season with sea salt, pepper, and extra coconut aminos, if needed.