Loaded Chicken Quesadillas
Makes 4 servings
350 calories / 13F / 33C / 26P / per serving
- 6 oz. cooked chicken breast (8 oz. raw)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell peppers
- 1⁄4 cup chopped yellow onions
- 1⁄4 cup chopped jalapeno, optional for heat
- 3⁄4 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup frozen sweet corn
- 1 cup chopped baby kale
- 1 Tbs. taco seasoning
- 2 (70g each) whole-grain tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 100g avocado
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat, plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbs. green enchilada sauce
- 2 Tbs. olive oil mayo
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1⁄2 of a lime, juice and zest of
- Cook and shred the chicken according to the directions in the Food Prep Guide.
- Make the Cilantro-Lime Crema by adding all the ingredients to a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Weigh the mixture and divide by four to get the amount needed for one serving. Store in the fridge until ready to use.
- Add the chopped bell peppers, onions and jalapeno to a greased frying pan over medium heat. Saute until the veggies are tender. Add the beans, corn, kale, chicken and taco seasoning to the pan. Stir together until well combined. Remove from heat.
- Spray a large frying pan or skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add one of the tortillas to the skillet. Spread the chicken and veggie mixture evenly over the tortilla. Top with cheese and the other tortilla. Once browned on one side, cut the quesadilla into four triangles and then flip each one and cook until brown on the other side. Serve one loaded quesadilla triangle with 25g avocado and one serving of Cilantro-Lime Crema.