JJ’s 3-Day Water Fast
Read more about JJ's 3-day water fast and check out his 10-minute vlog highlighting his experience!
There’s a better—and more macro-friendly—version of those boxed pop tarts you fell in love with as a child. ❤️ These babies are delicious, easy-to-make, and packed with protein! We recommend adding festive sprinkles for the perfect holiday treat, but pop tarts are good anytime of year! 😉
Makes 4 servings / 2 pop tarts per serving
300 calories / 7F / 40C / 14P / per serving
1 cup white whole wheat flour
1 serving CSE Simply Vanilla Protein Powder
¼ tsp. salt
½ tsp. baking powder
½ cup nonfat, plain Greek yogurt
2 Tbs. unsalted butter, room temperature
8 Tbs. Chia Smash Strawberry Jam
1 medium egg
¼ cup powdered sugar
2 Tbs. nonfat, plain Greek yogurt
½ tsp. vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, and protein powder. Mix to combine. Add Greek yogurt and butter. Fold together until dough starts to form. Empty on the counter and knead with your hands until completely incorporated and a soft ball is formed.
3. Divide dough in equal halves. Sprinkle a small amount of flour on a clean surface. Roll each half of dough into a 12x8 inch rectangle.
4. Crack egg into a small bowl, add a small splash of water and beat together for egg wash; set aside.
To make individual pop tarts:
5. Cut dough once lengthwise and cut into four equal portions widthwise. Place half of the rectangles onto the prepared baking sheet, and add one tablespoon of jam into the center of each piece of dough. Spread jam leaving ¼-inch border on all sides. Place remaining rectangles on top of the jam filled ones. Use a fork and press all around each to seal completely, then poke the fork lightly in the center to allow air to escape. Brush each pop tart with egg wash.
To make one large pop tart:
5. Place one of the 12x8 dough rectangles on the prepared baking sheet. Spread jam on, leaving ½-inch border on all sides. Place the second piece of dough over the first. Using a fork to press all around each side to seal completely, then poke the fork lightly in several places in the center of the pop tart to allow air to escape. Brush the entire top with egg wash. Once completely cooled and glazed, cut once lengthwise and into four equal portions widthwise.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Then transfer to a cooling rack and allow the pop tart to completely cool.
7. In a small bowl, add powdered sugar, Greek yogurt, and vanilla extract. Mix together until glaze forms. Once pop tarts are completely cooled, drizzle with glaze and add sprinkles (if using).
Each season we host a free 7-week, community-based health and fitness challenge. We work hard, get our sweat on, and work together to motivate each other to reach our goals.