Crowd Pleasing Super Bowl Snacks!
IT'S ALMOST GAME TIME! 🏈 Which means it's time for ALL 👏🏻 THE 👏🏻 SNACKS!!! I’ll be honest when I say I have no idea who's playing in this year's Super Bowl, I just show up for the food! 😆 Not sure what to make for the big game? We've put together a full Super Bowl Menu just for you! We're talking Pepperoni Pinwheels, BBQ Chicken Meatballs, Buffalo Chicken Salad, Artichoke Spin Dip, Brownie Batter Buddies, Salted Caramel Corn, and a Snack Platter!
PEPPERONI PIZZA PINWHEELS
Makes 4 servings
335 calories / 12.5F / 32C / 26.5P / per serving
- 3⁄4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. sea salt
- Dash garlic powder
- Dash onion powder
- 1⁄2 cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup traditional marinara sauce
- 2 oz. turkey pepperoni
- 1 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 cups broccoli
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 4 Tbs. nutritional yeast flakes
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, sea salt, garlic powder and onion powder together in a bowl. Add the Greek yogurt and use rubber spatula to fold it in until well combined. If the dough is too dry, add a tiny bit of water, if it’s too sticky, flour the surface before rolling out.
- Roll the dough out into a large rectangular shape. Spread the marinara sauce evenly over the dough, add the pepperoni and cheese. Carefully roll the dough up lengthwise and slice into eight equal pinwheels. Place on a greased baking sheet or muffin tin. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Two pinwheels per serving.
- Chop the broccoli into florets and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle the olive oil over the top then spray with cooking spray. Sprinkle with sea salt and 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (this will give it a cheesy flavor and added nutritional value). Bake for 15-20 minutes. Enjoy on the side of your pinwheels.
STICKY SWEET MEATBALLS
Makes 16 servings
335 calories / 12F / 31C / 26P
- 3 lbs. lean ground chicken or turkey
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup fresh, minced onions
- 1/2 cup part-skim, shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbs. minced chives
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- Dash black pepper
- 2 cups Stubb’s Sticky Sweet BBQ Sauce
- Add the ground meat, oat flour, minced onions, mozzarella cheese, chives, sea salt and pepper to a bowl. Mix well with hands. Using your hands or a small cookie scoop, form into meatballs.
- Heat a skillet or pan over low/medium heat. Spray with cooking spray and place meatballs in the pan; cover. Rotate every couple minutes, browning all sides. Add the bbq sauce to the pan. Toss the meatballs in the sauce until well coated. Remove from heat once cooked through.
- Add the meatballs to a crockpot and keep warm until ready to serve. Serve with toothpicks or skewer sticks.
*these would be awesome served up with some grilled pineapple kabobs. ENJOY!
BUFFALO CHICKEN SALAD
Makes 4 servings
340 calories / 12F / 33C / 25P
- 8 oz. cooked chicken breast (10.6 oz. raw)
- 2 Tbs. Frank’s hot sauce
- 4 cups romaine lettuce
- 4 cups broccoli or cabbage slaw
- 2 diced celery sticks
- 1cup matchstick carrots
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 160g diced avocados
- 4 Tbs. diced red onion
- 4 Tbs. bleu cheese or feta cheese crumbles
- 8 Tbs. Bolthouse Farms Classic Ranch or Bleu Cheese Dressing
- 300g apples
- Cook chicken according to the directions in the Food Prep Guide or use the white meat from a rotisserie chicken.
- Combine the chicken and hot sauce together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Chop the romaine lettuce, celery, cherry tomatoes and red onion.
- Mix all ingredients together except for avocado and dressing.
- When ready to eat, spoon the salad out onto a plate. Add 40g avocado and 2 Tbs. dressing to the salad. Enjoy 75g of apple slices on the side.
ARTICHOKE SPIN DIP
Makes 16 servings
115 calories / 8F / 4C / 6P
- 3 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 14 oz. can artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated, part-skim Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup nonfat, plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup olive oil mayo
- 1 cup Neufchâtel cream cheese
- 1 Tbs. minced garlic
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix the spinach, artichokes, Parmesan and 3/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese together in a bowl; set aside.
- In a separate bowl beat the cream cheese, yogurt, mayo, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper together. Add all of the ingredients to one bowl, and mix until well combined.
- Pour into a greased 8x8 glass baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese. Bake for 20 minutes. Serve with your favorite chips and veggies. Enjoy!
BROWNIE BATTER BUDDIES
Makes 16 servings / 1⁄2 cup (45g) per serving
185 calories / 5F / 29C / 7P
- 3⁄4 cup raw honey
- 1⁄2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 serving CSE Brownie Batter protein powder
- 1 Tbs. cocoa powder
- 8 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 1 cup powdered peanut butter
- In a small saucepan melt together the honey, peanut butter and vanilla over low heat. Stir until melted together and smooth then remove from heat. Stir in the protein powder and cocoa powder.
- Place Chex cereal into a large bowl. Pour the hot mixture over the top and gently stir until the cereal is well-coated.
- Pour the chocolate Chex mixture into a large Ziploc bag, then dump the powdered peanut butter over the top. Seal the bag and shake until the cereal is well-coated. Pour out onto wax or parchment paper to cool. Store leftovers in the fridge. Enjoy!
SALTED CARAMEL CORN
Makes 12 servings
140 calories / 5F / 24C / 2P
- 12 cups air-popped popcorn
- ½ cup OffBeat Salted Caramel butter
- ½ cup raw honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips
- Dash sea salt
- Add the Salted Caramel Butter, honey and vanilla to a saucepan and heat on low. Stir constantly until melted together and smooth.
- Place the popcorn in a large bowl. Pour the mixture over the top and stir until well coated. Dump onto a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place the chocolate chips in two separate bowls. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between until smooth.
- Pour each flavor of chocolate into a separate ziplock bag and cut a small hole in the corner. Drizzle over the popcorn and then sprinkle sea salt over the top. Let the chocolate harden, then dig in!
Makes 1 serving
245 calories / 9F / 25C / 20P
- 2 oz. nitrate-free deli turkey
- 1 regular string cheese
- 8 Good Thins Sweet Potato Crackers
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber slices
- 3⁄4 cup blueberries