New Year's Eve Healthy Party Snacks!
I’ve put a healthier spin on two crowd-pleasing appetizers and I PROMISE with all the goodness happening, you cannot tell the difference - they are SO dang good! Make these for your New Year’s Eve celebrations!
Artichoke Spin Dip
Makes 16 servings
115 calories / 8F / 4C / 6P
- 3 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 14 oz. can artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated, part-skim Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup nonfat, plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup olive oil mayo
- 1 cup Neufchâtel cream cheese
- 1 Tbs. minced garlic
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix the spinach, artichokes, Parmesan and 3/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese together in a bowl; set aside.
- In a separate bowl beat the cream cheese, yogurt, mayo, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper together. Add all of the ingredients to one bowl, and mix until well combined.
- Pour into a greased 8x8 glass baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese. Bake for 20 minutes. Serve with your favorite chips and veggies. Enjoy!
Sticky Sweet Meatballs
Makes 16 servings
335 calories / 12F / 31C / 26P
- 3 lbs. lean ground chicken or turkey
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup fresh, minced onions
- 1/2 cup part-skim, shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbs. minced chives
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- Dash black pepper
- 2 cups Stubb’s Sticky Sweet BBQ Sauce
- Add the ground meat, oat flour, minced onions, mozzarella cheese, chives, sea salt and pepper to a bowl. Mix well with hands. Using your hands or a small cookie scoop, form into meatballs.
- Heat a skillet or pan over low/medium heat. Spray with cooking spray and place meatballs in the pan; cover. Rotate every couple minutes, browning all sides. Add the bbq sauce to the pan. Toss the meatballs in the sauce until well coated. Remove from heat once cooked through.
- Add the meatballs to a crockpot and keep warm until ready to serve. Serve with toothpicks or skewer sticks.
*these would be awesome served up with some grilled pineapple kabobs. ENJOY!