It’s one of the best weekends of the year! Church of Jesus Christ General Conference weekend!! I love this time with my family because not only do we get to be spiritually fed by our church leaders but we also get to relax, hang out in our cozies and make some delicious food! These German Pancakes are on our menu! They are SO EASY to make, my entire family loves them, the serving size is BIG and I usually have most of the ingredients on hand! I’ve also added my SECRET to getting your pancakes to RISE in the instructions.
Makes 4 servings
340 calories / 11F / 34C / 27P / per serving
- 2 Tbs. coconut oil
- 2 large eggs
- 8 egg whites (1 cup liquid egg whites)
- 1 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 1/2 cups CSE Pancake + Waffle Mix (Vanilla)
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup nonfat, plain Greek yogurt
- Liquid vanilla stevia drops
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- Walden Farms Pancake Syrup, optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place eggs, egg whites, milk, CSE Pancake + Waffle Mix (Vanilla), salt and vanilla in a blender and blend for 5 minutes at a medium speed, no less. Let batter sit 5-10 minutes to allow air to get into the batter for maximum rise in the oven.
- Add coconut oil to a 9x13 glass baking dish. Place in oven until hot, melted and sizzling, about 5-10 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Spray the sides of the baking dish with cooking spray and pour the mixture into the hot coconut oil. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cut the pancake into 4 equal portions. Sweeten the yogurt with stevia and spoon 2 Tbs. onto each portion. Top with a 1/2 cup of fresh strawberries and syrup, to taste.