I’m a huge sucker for a good burger. The best part about our meal plans is you don’t have to cut out the things you love most in life! You can still have your burgers. You can still have your pizza. You can still have your tacos. Today we’re making our Mustard Fried Bacon Burger - it’s one of the most delicious things I’ve ever had in my life and you’re going to love it! Get this recipe and tons of other healthy, yummy, recipes in our Spring Meal Plan!
*The calories and macros in this recipe have been adjusted slightly compared to the recipe in the Spring Meal Plan to make bigger burger patties.
- 16 oz. lean (93/7) ground beef
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. yellow mustard
- 2 tsp. dried minced onions
- 1⁄2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. sea salt
- Dash black pepper
- 4 slices turkey bacon, chopped
- 1 sliced sweet onion
- 4 whole wheat buns
- Butter lettuce
- 8 Tomato slices
- 12 dill pickle slices
- 1⁄2 Tbs. olive oil mayo
- 1⁄2 Tbs. ketchup
1. Heat grill to medium/high heat.
2. Add ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, dried minced onion, garlic powder, sea salt and pepper to a bowl. Mix with hands until well combined. Weigh the mixture and divide by four. Form four equal sized burger patties.
3. Place the burgers and bacon slices on the grill. Cook the burgers for 5-8 minutes per side and cook the bacon until crispy.
4. Heat a frying pan to med/high heat. Grease and add onion rings to the pan. Stir and flip until soft and golden on all sides.
5. Assemble burger by layering the bottom bun, lettuce, burger patty, tomatoes, pickles and onions. Spread mayo and ketchup on the top bun and place on your burger.
Want 800+ CSE recipes, workouts, custom grocery shopping lists, and more? Try the first week of our CSE+ app completely free!