Best Meals for Camping
Adventure awaits, and Clean Simple Eat[ing] doesn’t have to stop! Camping is one of our FAVE summer activities, and we know our #CSESquad likes to camp too! 🏕️ In fact, you guys are PROS when it comes to staying on plan. We’ve compiled and narrowed down a list of THE BEST and easiest camping-friendly recipes and tips (that come highly recommended by many of you)! Obviously S’mores Puppy Chow and Campfire Banana Boats are a must, but there’s LOTS more yummy recipes you can make on the campfire! 🔥 With a cast-iron skillet (or Dutch oven), a little bit of prep, and a whole lot of tin foil, these CSE meals will guarantee some happy campers! 😄
- Strawberry Cream Cheese French Toast (SUMMER)
- Breakfast Burritos (FALL) (prep at home, wrap in foil, and freeze! Add the fresh ingredients and reheat over the fire)
- Peanut Butter Overnight Oats (SUMMER) (make ahead and enjoy cold)
- Breakfast Sandwiches by the Dozen (WINTER) (prep at home, wrap in foil, and freeze! Add the fresh ingredients and cook over the fire)
- Hot Cocoa Pancakes (SPRING) (cook ahead or make fresh in a skillet on the campfire!)
- Country Breakfast Skillet (SPRING)
- Peach Cobbler Overnight Oats (Blog) (make ahead and enjoy cold)
- Muddy Buddy Cereal (App Exclusive)
- Superfoods Breakfast Bowl (SPRING)
- Cinna-Berry Breakfast Squares (FALL)
- Sweet Mustard Chicken Wraps (SUMMER)
- BBQ Chicken Avocado Wrap (SUMMER)
- Waldorf Chicken Salad Wrap (SUMMER)
- Autumn Salad Sandwich (FALL) (prepare in advance)
- Salad Jars (SPRING) (prepare in advance)
- Chicken Snack Wrap (WINTER)
- Grilled Tin Foil Dinner (SUMMER)
- Colby Dog (SUMMER)
- Loaded Baked Sweet Potato (SUMMER)
- CSE Summer BBQ Plate (SUMMER)
- BBQ Bison Burgers (SUMMER)
- Guacamole Turkey Burgers (SPRING)
- Mustard-Fried Bacon Burgers (SPRING)
- Shredded BBQ Chicken Sandwiches (SUMMER)
- Chicken Fajita Lettuce Wraps (SUMMER) (prepare them just like a tin foil dinner and wrap with butter lettuce)
- Taco Soup (FALL) (make in advance and reheat over the fire or on a camp stove)
- Best Ever Chili (WINTER) (make ahead, freeze, and warm up in a pot on the fire or camp stove)
- Pasta e Fagioli (WINTER) (make ahead, freeze, and warm up in a pot on the fire or camp stove)
- Rotisserie Chicken Tacos (WINTER)
- Queenstown Nachos (SPRING)
- Boss Baked Mac & Cheese (WINTER) (prep in a foil baking pan put it on ice, then pop it over the fire to heat it through)
YOUR TOP 10 (TRIED & TRUE) TIPS
- Prep everything in advance (slice veggies, marinate meat, make burger patties, etc.)!
- Make a bunch of shredded chicken in a crock-pot before you leave and pack to throw together for lots of meals.
- Take chicken sausages and roast them to use with recipes from the Summer Meal Plan.
- Freeze all of the meat ahead of time, so it keeps better (except what you are using right away).
- Get a rotisserie chicken before you go! It makes things easier (and faster) to have the meat already cooked. You can even shred and portion it in baggies and freeze beforehand.
- Take cottage cheese, protein bars, nuts, lunch meat, cheese, turkey jerky, fresh veggies, hummus, apples, clementines and grapes for Grab & Go Snacks (check the Summer, Winter, and Spring Meal Plans for recipes).
- Bring Single Serving Stick Protein Stick Packs and a shaker bottle for easy protein shakes!
- Basically anything made on a stove top, you can make over the fire in tin foil or with a Camp Chef, Dutch oven, or cast-iron skillet.
- The really thick Ziplock bags with the blue seams can hold boiling water! Pour oats in the bag before you fall asleep and you have Overnight Oats. For more oatmeal tips, check out our Oatmeal Travel Bags recipe on our CSE + App!
- Pack extra Power Bites or CSE Muffins! (They are perfect for hikes or when everyone is sitting around a fire roasting s’mores!)