It's National Cookie Day tomorrow, and we are celebrating!! 🍪 You already know how we feel about treats (😍😍), so this is a pretty important holiday in our house! We're sharing our favorite CSE-cookie recipes, perfect for the holiday season (or any season)! 😆
Gingerbread Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 34 cookies
126 calories / 5F / 19C / 2P / per cookie
¼ cup OffBeat Gingerbread Cookie, Cinnamon Bun Butter or natural almond butter
½ cup coconut oil or grass-fed butter
1 large egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
¾ cup raw honey
1⁄3 cup molasses
2 ½ cups whole wheat pastry flour
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. sea salt
½ tsp. ground cloves
2 tsp. ground ginger
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
½ cup organic sugar in the raw
1. Beat the nut butter and coconut oil/butter together. Add the egg and vanilla. Slowly beat in the honey and molasses; set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, salt, cloves, ginger and cinnamon. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips. Cover and chill in the fridge for one hour.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
4. Remove the dough from the fridge. Using a small cookie scoop, drop round
balls of dough into the raw sugar one at a time. Roll around until well coated.
Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
Let cool for 2 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack. Enjoy!
Mint Chocolate Cookies
Makes 36 cookies
120 calories / 7.5F / 13C / 3.5P / per cookie
12 oz. OffBeat Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie Butter or chocolate almond butter
½ cup raw honey
2 servings CSE Brownie Batter or Mint Chocolate Cookie Protein Powder
1 cup CSE Vanilla Pancake & Waffle Mix
½ tsp. vanilla extract
Dash sea salt
2 cups dark chocolate chips
1 Tbs. coconut oil
1. Add the nut butter, honey, protein powder, CSE Pancake & Waffle Mix, vanilla and salt together in a bowl. Mix until well combined. Using a small cookie scoop, scoop the dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Using the bottom of a glass cup, smash the balls flat and then round out the edges with your hands to form into a cookie. Place the cookies in the freezer for 30 minutes or until hardened.
2. Place the dark chocolate and coconut oil into a small saucepan over low
heat to melt (or melt in a bowl in the microwave). Stir continuously until completely melted, then turn the heat off. Drop each cookie into the chocolate one at a time and scoop out with a fork, letting the excess chocolate drip off into the pan. Place the chocolate dipped cookies back onto the parchment paper and then place them in the freezer to harden.
3. Once frozen, transfer to a storage container or bag. When ready to eat, let
cookies sit out 5-10 minutes to thaw before taking a bite. Enjoy!
Cinnamon Roll Cookies
Makes 16 cookies
195 calories / 8F / 28C / 4P / per cookie
½ cup grass-fed butter
¼ cup organic cane sugar
½ cup coconut sugar
1 large egg
½ tsp. vanilla extract
1 ½ cups (180g) whole wheat pastry flour
1 serving CSE Cinnamon Roll Protein Powder
½ tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. sea salt
¼ cup (56g) OffBeat Cinnamon Bun Butter or natural almond butter
½ cup organic powdered sugar
1 Tbs. liquid egg whites
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Add the softened butter, cane sugar and coconut sugar to a mixing bowl. Mix together until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla, beat together until smooth.
3. In a separate bowl, add the flour, protein powder, baking soda and sea salt. Stir until incorporated. Add the dry to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
4. Lay a large piece of parchment paper out on the counter. Sprinkle a little flour over the top. Place the large ball of dough on the parchment paper. Using a floured rolling pin, roll the dough out into a large rectangle. Spread the OffBeat Butter evenly over the dough. Carefully roll the dough up lengthwise like a cinnamon roll. Once completely rolled up, gently slice into 16 equal sized cookies. Place each cookie on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 8-9 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
5. Make the icing by adding the powdered sugar and egg whites to a small bowl. Whisk together until well combined and smooth. Drizzle over the cooled cookies.
Makes 12 servings
130 calories / 8F / 12C / 3P / per cookie
3/4 cup oat flour
1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
3 Tbs. coconut sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. baking soda
Pinch sea salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 Tbs. eggnog almond milk
1/2 cup grass-fed butter
1 serving CSE Eggnog Protein Powder
1/4 cup powdered sugar, for rolling
1. Add the flours, coconut sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, sea salt and nutmeg to a large bowl. Stir until combined. Set aside.
2. Add the softened butter and protein powder to a bowl. Beat until smooth. Beat in the almond milk and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
4. Scrape down the sides of the bowl into the center. Cover and store in the fridge for 30-60 minutes.
5. Using a small cookie scoop, scoop into balls. Roll each dough ball in powdered sugar and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
6. Bake for 6 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!