Thai Chicken Soup
Makes 4 servings
345 calories / 10F / 35C / 28P / per serving
- 1 Tbs. red curry paste
- 1 1⁄2 cups light, canned coconut milk
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 Tbs. fish sauce
- 1 Tbs. raw honey
- 2 Tbs. natural peanut butter
- 10.5 oz. cooked, sliced chicken breasts (14 oz. raw)
- 1 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup thin-sliced yellow onion
- 1 cup peeled, chopped carrots
- 2 tsp. fresh, grated ginger
- 1 1⁄3 cooked white or brown Jasmine rice (1⁄2 cup uncooked)
Toppings per serving:
- Lime wedge
- Cilantro, for garnish
- In a crockpot, whisk together the curry paste, coconut milk, chicken stock, fish sauce, honey and peanut butter. Once combined, add the cooked chicken, red bell peppers, onions, carrots and ginger. Cover and cook on low for six hours or on high for four hours.
- Cook the rice according to the directions on the package.
- Weigh the entire soup and divide by four to get the amount needed to fill one serving. Spoon into bowls. Top each serving with 1/3 cup rice, lime juice and cilantro. Enjoy warm.