Makes: 4 servings
350 calories / 14.5F / 31.5C / 23.5P / 4g fiber / per serving
3 cups cauliflower florets
4 oz. uncooked whole wheat macaroni or elbow pasta
1 Italian chicken sausage
2 slices turkey bacon
1 Tbs. grass-fed butter
1 Tbs. Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Mix
1 cup fat-free milk
¼ tsp. sea salt
Dash of ground black pepper
½ cup low-fat, shredded cheddar cheese
6 Tbs. grated Parmesan cheese
1 slice Ezekiel bread
Dash of sea salt, garlic powder, paprika, thyme
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Chop cauliflower into florets. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spread out into a single layer and spray the tops with cooking spray. Sprinkle with sea salt and other seasonings of choice. Bake 20 minutes.
3. Cook macaroni according to the directions on the package. Drain and set aside.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
5. Slice the chicken sausage into thin rounds and chop bacon into small pieces. Place in a frying pan over medium/high heat. Cook until fragrant and all sides are browned. Remove from heat and set aside.
6. In a large saucepan, melt the butter over low/medium heat. Add the Kodiak Cakes Mix and stir until well combined. Slowly whisk in the milk and stir constantly until slightly thickened. Add in the sea salt, black pepper, cheddar cheese and four tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese. Stir until the cheese is melted into the sauce. Add the cauliflower, macaroni, sausage and bacon to the sauce. Stir until well combined. Pour into an 8x8 baking dish.
7. Toast the Ezekiel bread in the toaster until browned on both sides. Break into pieces and place in a blender. Pulse until it turns into bread crumbs. Combine the bread crumbs, two tablespoons Parmesan cheese, sea salt, garlic powder, paprika and thyme together in a bowl. Sprinkle over the top of the macaroni. Bake for 25 minutes. Divide into four equal servings and enjoy warm.
Want 700+ CSE recipes, workouts, custom grocery shopping lists, and more? Try the first week of our CSE+ app completely free!