How To Make the Homemade Honey Whole Wheat Bread (Spring 2018 Recipe)
Some of you have had some issues making the Honey Whole Wheat Bread, so I wanted to show you how I make them! Watch the video below.
Makes 24 Servings
120 calories 2 F / 22C / 4 P
The bread is only 6 ingredients:
- 4 cups Prairie Gold Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 1/2 Tbs. Red Star Quick Rising Yeast*
- 1 1/2 tsp. Redmond Sea Salt
- 1/3 cup L.R. Rice Raw Honey
- 1 1/2 Tbs. Extra Light Olive Oil
- 2 cups warm water (100-115 degrees)
*You don't have to proof this yeast in water, which is really nice.
1. Stir together dry ingredients, including the yeast. Add wet ingredients, and mix for one minute (I've had the most success using a Kitchen Aid Mixer - I use the paddle mixer for this step). Dough should be sticky. If dry, add more water.
2. Knead for 5 minutes using a bread mixer, Kitchen aid, or your hands (I switch from the paddle to the hook attachment). Dough should be sticky but not stick to your fingers.
3. Slice into 2 even balls of dough. Form dough into 2 dough balls,. Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cover with a dish towel and let rise for 25 minutes. If you're using a bread pan, I use 22x11x6 (I have also used slightly bigger pans and they work well). Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
4. Make an X 1/4" deep with a sharp knife on the top of your dough. Bake for 22-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
*FIND YOUR SErVING: Place both loaves on a food scale, and find total weight in ounces. Divide the total weight by 24 to get the amount of ounces needed to fill one serving.